Mozart's Attic - Sunday, Nov 24th at 6:00 pm
You can get the recipe for Mama Stamberg's cranberry sauce every year from NPR, but only Mozart's Attic will tell you how to use up your turkey leftovers and honor soprano Luisa Tetrazzini at the same time. We'll tell you about it this Sunday, but here's what you need for Nathalie Irene's Turkey Tetrazzini:
- About 2 cups of diced, leftover turkey. Use more, you’ve got plenty.
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of cream
- An 8-ounce can of sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup – don’t dilute it!
- Parmesan cheese
- And 2 pounds of spaghetti, cooked -- and a little underdone is ok.
- Mix everything but the Parmesan and the spaghetti.
- Grease a large baking dish, and spread the spaghetti out in a layer.
- Dump the turkey mixture on top and sprinkle generously with the Parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 until everything is hot and bubbly – about a half hour.
- And that’s it. You can remove the foil for the last few minutes if you like, to brown the top.
- Pass the cranberry sauce.