Due to the Coronavirus, WFIT has postponed our announcement of the winner of this year’s Garage Band Contest. We understand this will be a major disappointment for all the bands that submitted videos. Please know that WFIT will reschedule the announcement for a later date. Thank you to all the bands, you are still entered in the contest. Check back to our web site wfit.org and Facebook for updates.
Please stay safe.
WFIT 89.5 FM is again looking for the next great garage band. If you have a band or perform solo, enter our 4th Annual Garage Band Contest.
The winner will get the opportunity to perform a Live In Studio Session to be broadcast on Sound Waves, perform at our Spring Sonic Waves Music Festival, and have a recording session at WFIT.
To enter, you'll need a video of your band or solo in a garage, performing one original song you
wrote. So start recording, and get your entry in. The entry deadline is March 6th , with the winner
to be announced on March 20th .
Last year's Garage Band Contest winner was Dunnies;. Listen to their Live In
Studio Session. This year's winner could be you!
Upload an embeddable, publicly viewable Video to YouTube by March 6 th , 2020.
Email your completed entry form (form link below) with the following materials attached and CLEARLY LABELED WITH YOUR BAND’S NAME to firstname.lastname@example.org (Use your
band’s name as the email subject):
- 1. One JPEG of a high-resolution publicity photograph of the entire band together in one shot. No live shots, please. (Label file: Your Band Name – Press Photo.jpg)
- 2. One Word Doc file with:
- (a) Your Band’s biography (150 words or less)
- (b) Song lyrics and the name of the songwriter or songwriters
- (c) URL link to your YouTube Video (make sure video is set as publicly viewable)
(Label file: Your Band Name – Bio-Song-Video link.doc)
We look forward to all the entries. Good luck!