Enter the WFIT 2020 Garage Band Contest
WFIT 89.5 FM is again looking for the next great garage band. If you have a band or perform
solo, enter our 4th Annual Garage Band Contest.
The winner will get the opportunity to perform a Live In Studio Session to be broadcast on
Sound Waves, perform at our Spring Sonic Waves Music Festival, and have a recording session
To enter, you'll need a video of your band or solo in a garage, performing one original song you
wrote. So start recording, and get your entry in. The entry deadline is March 6th , with the winner
to be announced on March 20th .
Last year's Garage Band Contest winner was Dunnies;. Listen to their Live In
Studio Session. This year's winner could be you!
Upload an embeddable, publicly viewable Video to YouTube by March 6 th , 2020.
Email your completed entry form (form link below) with the following materials attached and CLEARLY LABELED WITH YOUR BAND’S NAME to email@example.com (Use your
band’s name as the email subject):
- 1. One JPEG of a high-resolution publicity photograph of the entire band together in one shot. No live shots, please. (Label file: Your Band Name – Press Photo.jpg)
- 2. One Word Doc file with:
- (a) Your Band’s biography (150 words or less)
- (b) Song lyrics and the name of the songwriter or songwriters
- (c) URL link to your YouTube Video (make sure video is set as publicly viewable)
(Label file: Your Band Name – Bio-Song-Video link.doc)