Protecting Ship's Hulls is the Mission of FL Tech's Center for Corrosion and Biofouling Control
Center For Corrosion And Biofouling Control
The Center for Corrosion and Biofouling Control specializes in education and research that promotes an understanding and improvement for the design of corrosion and biofouling control systems.
Research, Development, And Testing:
- Static and dynamic evaluation of biofouling control coatings.
- Hydrodynamic testing of fouling control coatings
- Development of novel biofouling control methods
- Antifouling wraps.
- Air bubbles
- Ballast water
- Chemical dosing,
- Stabilizer design
- UV light
- Hull Grooming: The gentle and frequent wiping of the fouling control coating to keep it in a smooth and fouling free condition.
- Fouling Risk Analyses
- Dry Dock: Implementation of inspection protocol for dry dock outer hull maintenance.
- Materials selection
- Cathodic Protection Design