Technical Conference on Coastal Water Quality (TechCon2018) from Science to Solutions
The Indian River Lagoon Research Institute at Florida Tech Announces its fourth Technical Conference on water quality solutions September 28, from 8 am–9 pm on the Florida Tech Campus. The IRLRI TechCon2018 will feature Engineers, Scientists, Contractors, and Students who are actively working and researching in the field of coastal water quality remediation and restoration. The conference is focused on adapting and applying science to guide management decisions and develop solutions aimed at improving coastal water quality. Keynote speaker will be Lou Linker from the Chesapeake Bay Project. For more information search TechCon at fit.edu.
he Abstract deadline is September 7th at 5:00 PM.
Registration (Click here)
Type of Registration:-
- Conference registration ($50) includes the conference sessions, coffee breaks, lunch and drinks during the evening poster session. Also included in the registration is a ticket to Friday night's Estuary Affair Dinner
- Student registration ($25) includes the conference sessions, coffee breaks, lunch and drinks during the evening poster session.
- Friday Dinner registration, Estuary Affair Dinner, ($25) includes beverages and dinner on Friday from 6:30 to 9:30 pm
Authors whose abstracts have been accepted for presentation (oral and poster) at the 2018 TechCon are invited to submit a manuscript for consideration for publication in a Special Issue of the Marine Technical Society Journal: “Coastal Water Quality: From Science to Solutions”. All contributions to this Special Issue will be fully refereed according to the usual standards of the journal. Acceptance of an abstract in the TechCon program does not imply acceptance of a paper for publication in the Special Issue. More details regarding this Special Issue will be forthcoming. Questions can be directed to Dr. Hunsucker or Dr. Weaver.
Authors must submit their abstracts as one of the identified types:
- Standard Oral
- Tech Teaser
The selection committee reserves the right to suggest an alternative format from that selected by the author as needed to fit the final format of the workshop.
We are accepting abstracts for two types of oral presentation
- 12 minute oral presentation
- 5 minute 'Tech Teaser'.
Standard Oral Presentations
These presentations will have a 12 minute time slot with added time for questions. Standard Oral Presentations will be grouped into themes based on the following priorities:
- Combating coastal degradation
- Muck removal and control
- Novel approaches to water quality improvements
- Policy, permitting and planning, governance
- Nutrient removal
Presenters will have the option of submitting a paper / report covering their presentation which will be published online through the FIT Library.
These short presentations are strictly limited to 5 minutes. Presenters will be held to a strict time limit of 5 minutes. These talks are meant to perk the interest of the attendees, inform the group about the existence of a project and spark future conversation.
There will be a poster presentation reception, during which authors can discuss their work. Posters will be grouped by topic.
Maximum size is approximately 3’×4’ (a size used commonly at many conferences and meetings). Posters should be printed/displayed in landscape view. Posters should be hung in the morning to allow viewing during the scheduled breaks.
Authors have the option of contributing to the TechCon 2017 Conference Proceedings to be published online. Authors can choose to contribute an abstract, research paper, or case study/project summary.
TechCon2018 will be held in the Hartley Room on the Florida Tech Campus. Please see the campus map.
Friday, September 28th
- Welcome & opening remarks: 9:00 am
- Keynote Speakers : 9:15 am
- Oral presentations: 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Tech Teasers: 12:00-12:15 pm
- Lunch: 12:15-1:30 pm
- Oral presentations: 1:30-3:00 pm
- Posters Reception: 3:30 – 5:00 pm
- Estuary Affair Dinner: 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Sponsoring & Exhibition (Click here)
We are currently seeking sponsors for the TechCon2018. Our sponsorship categories are listed below.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tributary $ 100.00
- Sponsors will receive 1 Conference Ticket
- Bay $ 250.00
- Sponsors will receive 2 Conference Tickets
- Estuary $ 500.00
- Sponsors will receive 2 Conference Tickets, and 2 Dinner tickets.
- Ecosystem $1,000.00
- Sponsors will receive 4 Conference Tickets, 4 Dinner tickets
Food & Beverage Sponsorship Packages
- Coffee Break Sponsor $500.00
- Lunch Buffett Sponsor $1,000.00
- Poster Session & Reception Sponsor $1,000.00
- An Estuary Affair Dinner Sponsor $1,500.00
Other Conference Sponsorship Opportunities
- Conference Bags
- Conference Lanyards
- Conference Program
Exhibitor fee is $300 and includes space for Friday event located in the poster reception area. Each Exhibitor will have an 8ft by 8ft area including a table. Exhibitors are responsible for the transportation, setting up, storage and exhibition of their equipment(s), cabling and documents, and all related costs.
Any questions regarding exhibits should be directed towards Dr. Kelli Hunsucker: email@example.com.
Information on Previous TechCon events can be found below.