Florida Starts to Open Up
Florida will be moving into Phase 1 of opening up the state, effective Monday, May 3rd. Here are some of the important elements:
- Restaurants can offer outdoor seating with 6 foot distancing, and indoor seating at 25% capacity or less.
- Schools stay with distance learning.
- No visitors allowed in long-term care facilities.
- Elective surgeries can resume in medical facilities.
- Movie theaters will remain closed.
- Any retail establishment can re-open with up to 25% capacity.
- Bars will remain closed.
- Gyms will remain closed for now.
- Barbers and hairdressers cannot practice yet.
- Social groups are limited to 10 or fewer people.
Miami/Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties will not have relaxed restrictions yet.