Brevard Excels at Recycling!
Congratulations Brevard! We are now at 55% exceeding the State's recycling goal of 50% by the end of 2015.
What can I put in my recycling cart?
- Aluminum cans, etc. - All aluminum, steel and tin cans, clean foil & aluminum food pans.
- Cardboard, etc. - Milk & juice cartons, paper towel & toilet tissue rolls, paper-board food boxes and corrugated cardboard boxes.
- Glass bottles & jars. Clear and color glass bottles and jars. NO oven cookware, drinking glasses or ceramics.
- Paper - Newspapers, magazines, catalogs, shredded paper (place in paper bags not plastic), paperback books, office paper, junk mail, envelopes, telephone books and brown paper bags.
- Plastic bottles and containers - Beverage bottles and food containers (water and soda, yogurt and butter tubs). Dish soap, laundry detergent, shampoo, conditioner and similar items. Caps and pumps on can be left on. No straws please.