How to Help Hurricane Dorian Survivors in the Bahamas
The Islands of the Bahamas has released a list of charities it is specifically working with for donations of money or goods. You can find the complete list on the Islands of the Bahamas website.
OneBlood is asking all eligible donors to donate blood can be sent to the Bahamas. Generally, healthy people age 16 or older who weigh at least 110 pounds can donate. For a list of donor centers and mobile drives, click here.
Amazon's Disaster Relief Wish Lists are active. Customers can donate products and money by visiting amazon.com/disasterrelief.
Air Unlimited to support Abaco Island is now preparing its crew for ongoing humanitarian flights to begin as soon as they are cleared for travel.
Fiscal donations are being accepted at: www.gofundme.com/f/abaco-relief.These funds will be used for supplies and aircraft fuel, which is needed to transport resources and conduct medical evacuation missions to and from the Abacos.
Bahama Relief from Brevard County is a local partnership with ABC Supply of Central Florida, the Brevard County Clerks Office and many other local business partners as drop-off points for relief supplies. These items will be sent to those impacted in the Bahamas from Hurricane Dorian. ABC Supply will work to get those items to those in need in the Bahamas by plane.
Besides unopened personal items that are dropped off at the following locations, ABC Supply will be accepting construction items bought previously from construction companies and not used.
- Titusville — Brevard Clerk of Court — 790 South Park Ave, Titusville
- Beef O Brady's — 2825 Garden Street #9, Titusville
- Port St. John — Beef O Brady's - 3745 Curtis Blvd — Port St. John
- Merritt Island — Harris Law Firm — 690 South Courtenay Pkwy — Merritt Island
- Cocoa - Jabber's — 4365 Grissom Parkway — Cocoa
- Rockledge - ABC Supply Co. — 605 Guss Hipp Blvd. — Rockledge
- Viera - Brevard Clerk of Court — 2825 Judge Fran Jamieson Way
- Melbourne - ABC Supply Co. 2809 S Harbor City Blvd, Melbourne
- Brevard Clerk of Court — 51 Norman Avenue, Melbourne
- Better Insurance Group — 1580 N Harbor City Blvd
- Jessups Pawn Shop — 925 E New Haven Avenue (downtown)
- Town and Country — 7300 Technology Drive, Melbourne
- Alfrey Roofing, inc — 2015 Aurora Road, Melbourne
Heart to Heart "continually works with local partners to identify areas of greatest need and provide medical support and aid distribution."
Hope Town Volunteer Fire and Rescue in Abaco is collecting much needed supplies and money to help those in the Bahamas.
Drop off donation location in Brevard County:
1270 North Wickham Road
Melbourne, FL 32935
Bahamas Red Cross
The Bahamian branch of the Red Cross is seeking donations of money and supplies, including non-perishable baby clothes, cleaning supplies and bedding.
International Medical Corps
This global humanitarian nonprofit sends medical teams to areas stricken by disasters. You can help efforts by donating on its website.